Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

What I am up to (beside being a mother)

I guess the time has now come to talk a little bit about what I am up to these days.  I could summarize my daily time allocation as such:

99.5%: being a mother
0.5%: other things

Don't get me wrong.  I love being a mother.  My two girls, Gabrielle and Sarah (respectively 3 years old and 3 months old) are absolutely fantastic.  Sarah makes me melt every time she smiles, and Gaby is amazing me by being such a loving and caring big sister.  But still, it is sometimes overwhelming and frustrating to have them buzzing around me, well, 99.5% of the time.

The other hard thing is that Sarah doesn't like to be separated from her mommy much.  By that, I mean that she doesn't want to be anywhere else than in my arms (OK, I have to say, she sleeps in her bed every night for approximately 5 hours).  So I have to make my way through the day with only one hand.  It means I have to type this text with one hand.  But mostly, it means that I cannot knit.

Hoooow frustrating.  However, the one thing I can do though is browse (with a computer stratrgically placed next to my rocking chair).

Browsing leads to fabulous discovery, like the TECHknitting Blog I mentioned in my post yesterday.  In one of the posts, I have learn how to finish the baby cardigan Bobby (by Martin Storey) with rolled stockinette stitch bands....

I have also made a list of all the cotton yards available online (well, probably not all but many many!!) to find the best quality/price ratio because I have these beautiful cotton dresses in my heads fo my girls just waiting to be designed and knitted.  I am still browsing for this, but the King Cole Bamboo Cotton DK and the elann.com Lara Sport Weight seem fabulous for these projects....

While browsing on the elann.com site, I went crazy and bought all the Barbara Walker books...

I am waiting for them to be delivered, just like the eyes I bought from Suncatcher Craft Eyes to finish my amigurumi Valentine presents.

And, finally, I am taking pretty much all the knitting classes available on Craftsy!

I cannot knit.  Well, certainly not as much as I would like to.  So what do I do?  I buy knitting-related stuff on the internet to release the frustration.  Good for the soul, bad for the wallet, esprcially while being off work.

That is what I am up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback!